Senior Financial Controller Paris
This role is regulated by CBI – Central Bank Ireland.
As a Barclays Senior Financial Controller Paris, you will sit within the Barclays Europe (BE) Financial Control leadership team, which is responsible for all aspects of financial and statistical regulatory reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The team is part of the Barclays Group reporting team. We act as trusted finance partners with businesses and functions, supporting the Barclays International operating segment, including the Corporate and Investment Bank activities (CIB).
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK and Asia. And we offer agile, determined and resilient people a platform for remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Accounting for entity financial and local regulatory reporting under French GAAP and Group reporting under IFRS
• Determining and managing key reporting differences between accounting frame-works, with awareness of the impacts on tax, regulatory and other local financial re-porting
• Managing of external audit process, escalating key issues to line management and other key stakeholders
• Being the key subject matter expert of the local regulatory reporting requirements and delivering these to ACPR and other similar regulators (e.g., Statistical, Anacredit, etc.)
• Engaging with the regulatory bodies; responding to queries in a timely manner, and building a solid working relationship
• Being accountable for month-end close of local branch
• Ensuring ledgers are accurately captured and comply with items under IFRS (e.g., IFRS16, IAS37, IFRS9, etc.) and French GAAP
• Having leadership accountabilities for delivering change (e.g., project, technology, etc.) across BE Financial Control, working in a matrix environment with team members
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience of French GAAP and IFRS accounting and extensive experience of France Regulatory Reporting (e.g., Statistical, Anacredit)
• Professional accountancy qualification from a recognised body (e.g., CIMA, ACCA, CA, DSCG, DEC, or equivalent), with significant post qualification experience
• Excellent written and oral business communication skills with fluency in both French and English
• Extensive leadership experience gained through a variety of channels including projects, direct and matrix management
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Financial and Regulatory Reporting of Corporate and Investment Banking products
• Working within a Group reporting and matrix-based framework
• Managing external and internal audits through to successful completion
• France tax reporting across a branch framework (e.g., VAT, CIT, etc.)
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we are able to provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sec-tors, regions and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.