Trade and Working Capital Manager- 12 Month Contract
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Trade and Working Capital Manager you will be an integral part of the TWC sales team. Offering trade finance solutions and services to new business, whilst retaining and developing existing business, driving origination across France and Benelux. You will be managing the stakeholders, Portfolio Management, Legal, Tax, Agency, and operations teams. Helping with the Origination, Structuring and Client Management and working with Product Management, Projects, Operational Rigour, Business Management, and functional partners.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with Corporate Relationship Directors to deliver sophisticated and structured financial solutions that are right for our client’s businesses, negotiating and closing sales
• Providing Products to clients including Bonds, Guarantees and Indemnities, Letters of Credit and Collections, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance, Sales Finance and Supplier Finance
• Partnering with lead Originator teams, trade champions in agreeing origination plans and structuring deals from inception to delivery, ensuring the trade product is available for the client
• Joining relevant deal team discussions including with the client, Origination, Credit and providing the link to bring in key stakeholders, e.g. external ECA, Portfolio Management, Legal, Tax, Agency
• Establishing a Business Development /Sales plan with the Relationship Directors, and Product Partners such as Debt and Payments & Cash Management for joint client business proposals
• Articulating and managing the trade and working capital Europe’s income and key performance indicators: balance sheet, clients, and pipeline growing ECA and Structured trade offering
• Providing input to product development and the subsequent design of marketing and sales materials founded on an understanding of the market and the customer’s needs
• Working with internal and external stakeholders, like Legal, Compliance, Capital & Liquidity Management, international government departments, ECA Agencies, banking association groups
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable experience with Receivables Finance, Syndicated deals, and ECA transactions, ensuring efficient use of Bank’s capital leading to informed pricing and returns discussion
• Being up to date with international market trends and legal and regulatory developments, commerciality to both develop and defend the trade portfolio against competitors
• Experience of corporate client International Trade needs including a good working knowledge of client accounting and Treasury Management operating systems
• Excellent relationship building skills with Senior Executive/C Suite decision makers within the blue-chip corporate community market client led execution, from pitch options to deal close
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Commercial effectiveness, including Client /Customer Focus and Commerciality within a Corporate banking environment
• Exceptional business skills, including Delivering Solutions and Decision Making, sharing developments, best practices and innovative solutions
• Excellent Personal & Interpersonal skills like Communication, Influence and Collaboration
• Significant technical skills & knowledge across multiple products and new innovations in the product area and working knowledge of client accounting and treasury management, operating systems
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1922, Barclays has a long-established presence in France. Today, from our office in Paris we provide a full-service Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Our integrated coverage model means we can provide our clients with access to deep expertise across sectors, regions, and products. We deliver informed strategic advice, comprehensive financial solutions, and risk management services, creating sophisticated strategies customised to meet our clients’ needs.