Date live: 02/19/2021
Reference Code: 90279095
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
As a Barclays Project Manager you will be responsible for driving the successful implementation of medium to large-scale projects across Risk, Finance & Treasury. This includes managing projects through all phases including Planning, Initiation, Delivery, Implementation and Closeout; collaborating with Project Sponsor ensuring the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Managing overall delivery of project across all bank functions including requirements gathering, design, build/customization, integration, and testing
• Organizing project teams by identifying areas of needed expertise and required skills
• Defining, tracking, and ensuring completion of project milestones and deliverables
• Identifying, assessing impact of and resolving project issues and conflicts with business partners, management and/or project team
• Supporting budget tracking and variance mitigation efforts
• Providing current status and updates on programs as requested with executive management, business partners and internal project teams
• Promoting improvements to Project Delivery Tools and Methodology
• Coordinating, acting as day-to-day project contact with technology and business vendors
What we’re looking for:
• Expert knowledge and experience in Project Management is a must
• Strong experience in the financial services industry with demonstrated ability to deliver business change programs or broad experience in delivering corporate change programs
• Knowledge and experience utilizing Project Lifecycle methods (e.g. Software Development Lifecycle, Six Sigma)
• Knowledge of the broader Risk/Finance/Treasury domain; ability to analyse current business and technology processes ahead of making recommendations for target state
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to present recommendations and drive consensus with senior colleagues and stakeholders will help you to hit the ground running
• Knowledge and experience of the regulatory landscape will be a plus
• Experience in the finance or risk function of an investment bank and knowledge of the Counterparty Credit Risk domain is preferred
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. Our size, scale and significance mean we’re fundamental to the way the world works, and technology is crucial to our effectiveness.
Size, stability, agility, ambition and impact. Find it all and more at Barclays Technology.
"I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need."
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
"Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes."
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
"The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business."
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
"Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank."
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet