Quantitative Model Developer
As a Barclays Quantitative Model Developer, you will support development and maintenance of regulatory and internal market risk models including: FRTB, VaR, IRC and CRM. Your future area of activities includes: theoretical modelling, empirical-testing, historical back-testing, statistical analysis of relevant market data, numerical implementations of analytical modules, model and methodology documentation. You will also provide support for present risk applications and models, provide analytical support to the Risk Managers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for upkeeping of current risk applications and models
• Coming up with clear and solid designs to implement proposed modelling changes, to deliver in dynamic, agile, and often ambiguous contexts
• Being responsible for delivering prototypes using or extending as appropriate our Python-based modelling platform
• Developing the models in Python and assisting IT to integrate them into the production system
• Participating to the design and the development of a robust, scalable, and extendible Market Risk solutions and their integration into the Risk engines framework
• Supporting Risk, FO and IT users of our analytics
• Communicating effectively with stakeholders (Risk IT, Project Managers, Model Validation, Risk Managers) and colleagues in QA
What we’re looking for:
• Successful completion of Masters Degree
• Hands-on experiences with Python
• Experience in implementation of risk models and of web development is an advantage not a must
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in development of market risk, or quantitative pricing models, flowing SR11-7 standard
• Some experience in development of market risk, or quantitative pricing models, following SR11-7 standard
• A plus is knowledge and understanding of financial (e.g., Interest rate products including exotics, Corporate Bonds and Credit Derivatives, Equities, FX, Commodities)
• Excellent analytic skills like financial mathematics, time series, statistical analysis, numerical analysis, etc
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is based in the financial centre of Prague. We are part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.