Date live: 01/11/2021
Reference Code: 90275795
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Software Developer Analyst
As a Barclays Software Developer Analyst you will be contributing to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements requested by the product owner or business users. You will be delivering robust design and technical solutions and ensuring functional specifications and unit testing requirements are understood. You will be engaged in analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to these applications.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility and ownership of new feature development
• Writing test scenario and test cases in SQL Server
• Documenting designs and communicating them with the team
• Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
• Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage and actively participating in code reviews
• Designing and implement applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays, to develop new or enhance existing systems
What we’re looking for:
• Familiarity with SQL or other database query language and experience of database technologies to cloud (MSSQL, AWS, Snowflake, Redshift or other)
• Familiarity with .NET / C# , with R, but also experience using alternative statistical programming languages like Python or SAS etc.
• Knowledge of Git, Jira, Stash, and Confluence
• Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), using development and agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, TeamCity and Agile Central
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Background in and knowledge of finance and risk management will be highly valuable (CFA. FRM and alike is a plus)
• Excellent communication skills - including stakeholder management and the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
• A solid analytical/ problem solving mind-set
• Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly pressurised support environment
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
More about working at Barclays
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet