Application Development Lead
Date live: Sep. 16, 2020
Reference Code: 90266807
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reporting to the Delivery Manager, the Application Development Lead will be accountable for both execution and communication of the development activities within one or more of the programmes in the team. With a heavy emphasis on both technical and communication skills, the lead is expected to work closely with the developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions and clusters to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion. Primary responsibilities of the candidate will cover, but not limited to:
- Application Development Lead will be working with the relevant Regulatory Reporting Business, Finance Change Management counterparts and other stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the mandated regulatory reporting solution required by relevant APAC regulators.
- This individual will be responsible for working with upstream and downstream IT teams to ensure the Regulatory requirements are met as published by the respective regulators and the solution complies with expectation of Barclays Controls and Procedures and all stakeholders.
- Lead the project development team and escalate any technical issue, roadblock or project risk to the Program Manager/Delivery Manager
- Maintain development and architecture standards and take measures to ensure that best practices are being adhered to
- Develop/Design the initial framework or platform of the solution which each developer will use to build the solution
- Support the Program Manager/Delivery Manager with estimations relating to the specialized areas or components
- Conduct code reviews with the developers within the development team
- Lead the daily stand-up or scrum meetings
- Lead the deployments to each environment within the development lifecycle
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Mentor the developers on the development team
- Sound hands-on experience in Oracle 12c Database and AXIOM reporting tool
- Good working experience in a financial institution with exposure to Regulatory Reporting
- Good experience of managing technical teams and delivering multi-year complex programmes
- Knowledge of the finance markets and financial products, including Balance Sheet and Income statement concepts.
- Familiarity with complex system integration and excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle including both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience in DevOps/UNIX/Autosys/Cloud/Python
- Highly-motivated team player
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Demonstrates initiative / Pro-active
- Dedicated and reliable
- Organized / manages time well
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of dealing with diversity
- Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries
- Ability to multi-task / self-sufficient
- Ability to establish direction and drive progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.