Date live: 09/16/2020
Reference Code: 90269054
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title:Software Developer
- Identify defects in the application code and technical solution as early as possible in the life cycle.
- Create Test ware - estimates, scenarios, cases, data for both automated and manual tests covering functional and non-functional scenarios.
- Execute Test and collate evidence.
- Defect reporting and tracking.
- Create and execute plan to increase the level of automated tests available
- Review business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within overall business solution.
- Review requirements to identify all areas of functional and non-functional (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) testing required.
- Champion transition to automated testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market.
- Understand the technical solution and how layers of the architecture are connected to ensure appropriate testing is conducted at each layer from the UI to the persisted data.
- Conform to established good practice and any appropriate test automation standards as used for Multi-Channel Applications within Barclays UK.
- Complete assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements. Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
- Collaborate with other application testers and software engineers across teams to build the technical solution.
- Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered system, assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing.
- Completion of Test Closure reports.
- Identification of trends in defects and root cause analysis.
- Analysis of manual tests and identifying best way to automate them.
- Ensuring defects can be fixed by providing sufficient support to the developers in investigating and resolving the defects.
- Showcasing new features developed in the applications to key stakeholder.
- Managing test environments from deployment of software, configuration of applications and managing the resolution of environment issues.
- Assist in the resolution of live incidents and system problems as and when required.
- Track work and report progress to team leader on a timely basis.
- Identify own development needs and proactively drive development of own capability.
- Learns new tools and technique to enable appropriate automation in the testing pyramid for example to prove unit tests are testing the code conditions
- End-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Functional/Manual testing experience for at least 1-2 years
- Experience in at least one programming language preferably Java.
- Experience of Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development.
- Proven experience in Digital or Web Automation using different automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience of the following:
- Testing across multiple browsers
- Automated test data creation
- REST Client
- SOAP UI
- Browser Stack or similar
- Knowledge of automated testing , continuous integration and deployment tools and practices.
- Financial services, investment management/banking (preferred).
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. Our size, scale and significance mean we’re fundamental to the way the world works, and technology is crucial to our effectiveness.
Size, stability, agility, ambition and impact. Find it all and more at Barclays Technology.
"I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need."
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
"Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes."
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
"The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business."
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
"Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank."
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet