Date live: Sep. 16, 2020
Reference Code: 90269354
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Job Title:Application Developer
The role is for a senior developer Pune. The person will join the Atlas Risk development team. The developers would be mainly working on Core Java technologies.
- Assist in the design and build-out of components for the AR platform
- Work with functional leads and business facing teams in other regions to translate and accurately understand business requirements.
- Ensure that the applications developed comprise a coherent part of the trading toolkit that interoperates with other components in the EQIT platform.
- Ensure that the development approach is extremely iterative with continuous client participation and feedback
- Distributed application development
- Solid knowledge of core server side Java (Java 5 or higher).
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming, time series analysis tools & techniques.
- Source control systems (Git / Stash)
- Oracle database (to write SQL and Stored Procedures)
- Strong Unix shell scripting and Python.
- Script language - Bash Shell/Python
- Tools - Ant, Maven, Teamcity, Autosys
- Unix/Linux experience
- XML and XSD
- Knowledge of equity derivatives is nice to have.
- Middleware experience like Solace, JMS, Tibco rv
- ORM Frameworks
- Experience with Test driven development approach.
- Git / Stash
- IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse IDE
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.