Date live: 09/16/2020
Reference Code: 90269009
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title:Application Support Engineer
This post is a senior position in the team and the role holder will be responsible for all aspects of the CyberOps Tools operations. The role holder will have responsibility and accountability for providing a high level of technical expertise, support and direction in relation to the running and future development of monitoring and assessment toolsets and the associated services and will be required to share knowledge, direction and experience with other team members and stakeholders alike
- Ensure that all Security control Infrastructure is up & running as per agreed SLA.
- Support and maintain Infrastructures, tools and techniques which defend Barclays’ global estate..
- Operate controls as defined within the Barclays IT standards and policies and as directed by various Global Information Security initiatives.
- Face Operational effectiveness audit.
- Lead Yearly Resilience tests.
- Provision of subject matter expertise and provision of advice and guidance relating to security configuration management to all stakeholders/business units.
- Providing support, leadership and mentoring to other team members/junior staff
- Owning and maintaining service and processes documentation and ensuring it is accurate at all times.
- Owning all aspects of the toolsets used by the team including; toolset maintenance, support activities, upgrade and patch planning.
- Creating and managing team activity plans and responsibility to deliver to them
- Detailed technical understanding of Networking, UNIX, Linux, Network Layer security, Application layer security, Email layer Security.
- Expertise in the administration and configuration of Cisco Firepower & Fortinet Intrusion Detection System, Intrusion Prevention System, a detailed background in Network support/Network administration/Network management.
- Expertise in the administration and configuration of Akamai Kona Web Application Firewall a detailed background in Application, email and Web security.
Extensive background & experience of designing, defining and implementing Network Security, Application security, Web & email security product.
- Good working understanding and working knowledge of Cisco Routing Switching & Networking Concepts.
- Good working understanding of Firewall, Loadbalncers & application security concepts.
- Good understanding and a practical working knowledge of Network Intrusion detection & Prevention Systems
Good understanding of Network & Application layer attacks
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. Our size, scale and significance mean we’re fundamental to the way the world works, and technology is crucial to our effectiveness.
Size, stability, agility, ambition and impact. Find it all and more at Barclays Technology.
"I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need."
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
"Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes."
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
"The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business."
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
"Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank."
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet