Date live: 01/14/2021
Reference Code: 90275722
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title:BCUS Pune Dev 2
- Responsible for creating design deliverables that meet our business requirements and in line with Barclaycard Payment Solutions Strategies and Architectures
- Work with delivery teams to ensure that the deliverables (code, infrastructure etc.) are in line with solution design/architecture
What will you be doing?
- Work with senior architects and Business Design Analysts to ensure that business requirements are challenged appropriately to ensure high quality design deliverables are created
- Work with senior architects to deliver most appropriate solution rather than just implementing what is requested
- Work with senior architects to ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and policies
- Work with senior architects to ensure that the deliverables (code, infrastructure etc.) are in line with the solution design/architecture.
- Work with senior architects to consider multiple solution options and define pros and cons based on requirements, covering commercial, operational and technology concerns.
- Work with senior architects to identify and escalate areas where we are duplicating effort/solutions
Advice and Guidance
- Provide advice and guidance to senior architects to assist them to shape the future technical roadmap
- Learn regulations, standards and codes of practice that affect Barclays to ensure that they are integrated into design work such that solutions are fit for purpose
- Learn to understand own solution area(s) to:
- Ensure dependencies are understood to be able to determine whether solutions are viable
- Influence senior architects to maximize the effective use of technology
- Build and enhance understanding of technologies etc. by reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with other experts/interested parties across the bank
- Build and enhance understanding with aim to become a recognized authority in the technical specialism within BPS
- Work with senior architects to support the creation of an appropriate IT Strategy/Roadmap for your solution area.
What we’re looking for:
- University qualifications in Computing or Technology related subjects
- Solution Development - Able to demonstrate understanding of creating fit for purpose technology solutions and an understanding of the combined challenges of: meeting business needs and delivering within reasonable constraints
- IT Architecture – Some understanding of integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications. Understanding of best practice architectural and design methods
- Technical Knowledge – Good Understanding of Salesforce Technology with Apex.
- Software delivery and deployment patterns (e.g. Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, etc.)
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Service Delivery - Some understanding of concepts of service delivery and support and how this can be affected by technical delivery
- Stakeholder Management – An ability to demonstrate where you have challenged stakeholders professionally to determine aspects that are not necessarily obvious responses to pre-defined requests.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. Our size, scale and significance mean we’re fundamental to the way the world works, and technology is crucial to our effectiveness.
Size, stability, agility, ambition and impact. Find it all and more at Barclays Technology.
"I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need."
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
"Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes."
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
"The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business."
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
"Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank."
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet