In Barclays Technology, we build solutions that make life simple for our customers. Solutions that are global, agile and smart. As a part of our team, you'll recode and reimagine, learn and adapt. Rewire what the world needs, and look ahead. This is where you can be at your best. Where you can redefine the future of finance.
Nov. 25, 2021
COO & Functions
Job Title:Business Analyst
Instrument and Price Master Data Management Technology (IPMDM) department requires a developer for our India (Pune) development team. They will be involved in all aspects of software delivery including analysis, requirements gathering, design, development, testing and handover to the production support team. Development work will incorporate a range of languages and technologies, with a particular focus on Java and relational databases on Windows and Linux platforms. The role also requires providing level 3 support to the application support teams.
Pune is a centre of excellence for development and the role will cover all aspects of maintenance for existing core applications and the build out of the strategic applications.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for functional analysis of the business requirements, translating them into functional specifications and providing techno-functional solutions to the business needs
- Analysis can involve data modelling, data quality and coverage, ETL process definitions and data distribution specifications.
- Provide high quality functional specifications to Developers and support all stages of Development, SIT Testing, UAT testing, Release, Post Release validations.
- Functional Analysis provision for Operational and Technical process, Communicates with stakeholders and understands business needs for Change or BAU escalation support, captures analysis and documents requirements in an Agile environment, works in partnership with Agile team members to assist leads and translate into functional vision
- Part of team that engages data vendors for vendor changes to specifications and data content.
- Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service as part of a team under challenging circumstances.
- Team player committed to developing a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all fellow team members are motivated and inspired to deliver the required outcome, taking into account risk and process optimisation factors.
- Ensures the very highest standard of risk control is adopted throughout their team and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors or master degree, preferable in Computer systems or Finance
- Domain knowledge of Instrument and Price Reference Data , Vendor data from Bloomberg/Reuters/Rating Agencies/Stock Exchanges, Corporate Actions processing, Regulatory Reporting, Static and Timeseries feed processing.
- Knowledge of financial instruments like stocks, equity indices ETFs, bonds, convertible bonds, options, futures, forwards, IRS, Equity swaps, OTC Exotic derivatives.
- Knowledge of data standards concepts – data quality management, metadata management, DQ business rules and functional rules.
- Technically qualified with experience on PL/SQL, Scripting Languages like Perl, Java Script , Unix shell script etc
- Experienced in complex data analysis, data linage workflow analysis, data modelling
- Ideal candidate will have experienced on Master Data Management enterprise solutions, which includes off-the-shelf applications like Asset Control(Alveo), GoldenSource EDM, FAME (Forecasting Analysis and Modeling Environment) or in-house applications like Enterprise Security Master.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of working in an Investment bank
- Reference Data domain ( Products & Prices ) knowledge is highly desirable
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development (BDD and TDD)
- Experience working as part of a global team, following follow-the-sun model
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need.
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes.
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business.
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank.
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.