Job title : Data Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The role will involve working in a multi-discipline team where you will support the RCSA process, CERPA, Maturity assessment of the domains and provide the end to end support to stakeholders regarding issues and challenges, during the complete RCSA cycle
What will you be doing?
The role will involve working in a Governance team where you will support the associated governance activities of the Group CDO. You will bring a background in Controls and Reporting
Data Analysis, Reporting software packages (including QlikView, Business Data Portal (BDP)) and strong experience in the development of Management Information and Reporting suites, best practices and patterns.
- Communication preparation regarding RCSA phases, timelines and inputs needed from Process Owners (POs)/ Vertical Owners (VOs)/ Horizontal Owners (Hos)
- Working with POs, VOs & HOs to assess the Inherent Risk, Residual Risk by sharing guidelines of the RCSA phases
- Preparing and maintaining the documents related to PROC mapping and controls environment assessment
- Providing the end to end support to stakeholders regarding issues and challenges, during the complete RCSA cycle
- Arranging Drop-in sessions for all POs/ VOs/ Hos/ CDOs/ delegates, wherever necessary
- Addressing interlock challenges raised under each phase of RCSA
- Preparing Accountable Executive packs for Management review
- Manage and maintain relevant risk and control documentation, including meeting paper preparation, collation of information for approvals, and where required regulatory submissions.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experienced in drafting procedural / policy documentation
- Proven ability to build and maintain visually rich and informative presentation templates
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Skills that will help you in the role
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders across the organisation
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to work on many tasks in parallel
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.