Job title : Data Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
BUK & BX – All locations
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The successful candidate will actively contribute to various projects spanning across deliveries in AEM, platform enhancements requested by the product owner or business users. With a heavy emphasis on both development and communication skills, the candidate will be expected to work closely with other Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion. Ensuring clear understanding of requirement, functional specifications, scope, identify risks etc w.r.t the project requirements and participate in all aspects of analysis, design, implementation of all software related to these applications in order to deliver the expected tasks.
What will you be doing?
• Work as individual contributor towards completing assigned tasks or JIRA tickets.
• Focus on good code quality and high-test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
• Participate and lead build and release in a controlled environment.
• Setup and manage development meetings with application leads.
• Strong appreciation of AEM development best practices.
• Proactively identify area of improvements and plan to implement them.
• Participate in GTIS wide forums representing and addressing technical hurdles and challenges.
• Should stream and bring in creative thinking along with motivation to enhance and build better product.
What we’re looking for:
• Working knowledge in developing solutions in Adobe Experience Manager latest versions (AEM / CQ5)
• Well versed in Sightly scripting, Tag management, User access management, SLING resolver, Dispatcher configurations, Replication
• Good working experience of Java programming
• To develop solutions in AEM using industry best practice techniques that align to the latest security and accessibility guidelines.
• To contribute to a value adding knowledge base of technical strategies and business solutions.
• To contribute to Agile planning, review and retrospective activities as a developer.
• Working knowledge of RDBMS – MySQL, DevOps
• Understanding of data structure and algorithm
Skills that will help you in the role
• Delivery focused, with a good quality driven ethic, always ensuring the best solution is provided on time.
• Knowledge of performance and maintenance issues.
• Strong team player, willing to work on own initiative yet able to communicate well and integrate with a diverse team.
• Confident, enthusiastic, always giving 100% to assigned tasks and being able to handle situations in which they have little or no previous experience.
• Proactive, being able to effectively deal with change and identify, react and add value to issues that affect the team.
• Good interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with other IT teams and the business
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.