Job Title: Delivery Lead
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- This role is based in Pune to lead Process Automation CoE transformation.
- The role will focus on leading the transformation program which in includes tracking, reporting across multi-disciplinary set of areas. The individual will be required to communicate issues and status at all levels of the organization as well as managing vendor relationships tightly.
- The job reports into the Head of Process Automation CoE and work closely with Global and Local Business Managers, Delivery Leads in PACE and BA&A Leadership
What will you be doing?
- Lead and report PACE transformation initiatives which is based on goals and priorities of the team
- Lead and track HVO project initiatives or similar programs, milestones and coordinate with delivery leads, business management and with Finance Business Partners to present holistic view for governance
- Conduct monthly business review for PACE by preparing the material, tracking actions and reporting on progress
- Ability to drive a Business Dashboard that drives the above key business and people metrics and ability to present simplistic form using presentations and infographics
- Work with PACE leads in preparing regular communication on key achievements summarizing the transformation program, HVO or similar program and delivery achievements
- Support PACE head in senior stakeholder engagements and meeting by preparing the material. This will involve coordinating across teams and functions. Be able to present information through data, metric and qualitatively based on the need. Candidate should be able to fairly work independently to achieve this
- Ability to understand various topics, gather relevant information from teams and present the information using power point or other applications. Quality and content of the output should be suitable for senior leadership in the bank. Candidate should be able to fairly work independently to achieve this
- Work in partnership with Business Management and Finance Business partners sharing and receiving timely information
- Work with the TC lead & FBP to monitor MTP vs actual numbers, control costs and deliver efficiencies
- Prepare various dashboard & MI reports to enable decision making and effective control
- Ability to hold and track budgets across multiple pockets from both compliance and utilization perspective
- Responsible to drive Employee engagement agenda within the local teams
- To enable manage Global Leadership Visits such that we showcase the TC contribution and footprint better
What we’re looking for:
- Technology and financial qualifications as undergraduate or postgraduate
- A demonstrable track record working with global organizations, ideally with financial services captives or IT services organizations
- Experience managing and representing large cross functional programs
- Experience in managing large intricate budgets and achieving cost efficiency and saves across multiple areas
- Experience in driving Transformation and bring back actual saves to the organisation
- Knowledge of Financial Modelling, Business Case preparations and on ground experience of delivering on one or more initiatives in the past.
- Ability to manage a distributed team
- Strong MS office skills (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong Analytical skills
- Should be able to prioritize activities and do effective multi-tasking and smart delegation
- Ability to communicate at all levels including with senior or challenging stakeholders;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust/credibility;
- Ability to “roll up sleeves” and own resolution of “sticky problems”;
- Excellent communication skills that can transcend both junior and senior audiences
- Ability scale up and should be able to manage various levels of stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Broad financial services experience
- Use of Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. Navigator and Agile Central)
- Understanding of project management methodologies, Project Management accreditation preferable
- Understanding of the agile delivery methodology
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.