Date live: 08/01/2020
Reference Code: 90262299
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
- To build and deliver a cloud native credit processor product for the bank
- Delivery (75%)
- Support the development of the application, within an Agile environment, using Java and AWS
- Producing SOLID code with excellent test coverage
- Stakeholder Management and Leadership (25%)
- Promote and drive stewardship and application best practices within the development team
- Strong knowledge of emerging software development methods, tools and standards and actively keep this knowledge current.
- Champion innovation by recognising newly arising opportunities for improving customer satisfaction, achieving technical excellence and improving the delivery of a software product.
- Identify own and others development needs and seek opportunities to address these needs through guidance, coaching and formal training.
- Ability to be able to provide succinct details in written format and verbally to Stakeholders
- Good command on the Java programming language. Strong experience in using Spring Framework and data structures
- Experiece building high performant scalable backend services in AWS using AWS service such as EKS, Lambda, Aurora, DynamoDB, AWS Steps etc.
- Knowledge RDBMS development (e.g. Oracle) & SQL skills . Experience in atleast 1 NOSQL DB such as MongodDB
- Profiencieny with messaging systems covering RabbitMQ, Kafka & Mule.
- Understanding of DevOps and Agile style of Software Development with knowledge of tools such as SonarQube, Jenkins, Jprofiler, Maven etc.
- Good command on service patterns and protocols covering Web Services, API, REST, RPC. Experience of using API test frameworks
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet