Date live: 06/30/2020
Reference Code: 90261009
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
- To lead the development and enhancement of CI / CD pipelines and tooling to support moves to ever more Continuous Integration and Delivery, assisting teams already running on AWS / aPaaS / Cloud platforms and those shifting to them
- To help development teams identify and remove bottlenecks affecting their ability to deliver more continuously
- To be a point of expertise on good CI / CD practice
- To help teams resolve infrastructure and platforming integration issues
- To work closely with central DevOps and tooling teams and align with central strategies
- Create the CI/CD pipelines on AWS & aPaaS which underpin all our product’s application delivery across Customer Contact team.
- Help engaged teams adopt strategic conventions around CI/CD on AWS & aPaaS Platforms.
- Drive standardisation of DevOps practice across Customer Contact in line with Group Standards
- Identify common solutions to specific requirements not covered by current conventions
- Use 12-Factor-app principles to develop, enhance and maintain the pipeline utilities
- Manage the roadmap of our products against platform deployments and drive platform upgrades. This will include moving new products to strategic platforms as well as maintaining existing ones
- Work collaboratively with RTB and Service Owners to meet mandatory platform upgrades on time.
- Work with release managers and RTB to push essential maintenance releases into production
- Manage the workload of the team against project and product needs. Understand prioritisation needs for the Transaction Cycle. Ensure work is completed to budget, time and quality standards
- Lead verification and readiness for new strategic platforms e.g. AWS
- Drive automation agenda for application build and deployments
- Work with wider DevOps team outside of the area to leverage reuse and sharing of standard practice and tools
- Work with platform owners and drive continuous improvements.
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements and standards are met
- Team leadership, mentoring, coaching and performance development
- Design and engineering
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
- Work with AWS, Chef and Terraform to buildout application environments through automation.
- Work with Agile methodologies
- Define and engineer solutions that will handle secret and property management
- Continually improve your own skills and knowledge
- Continually improve our collective delivery effectiveness
- Proactively manage risks and issues
- Contribute to operational objectives of wider team and support any organisational transformation initiatives
- Evaluate and review emerging system engineering methods, tools and standards. Look for ways to apply as appropriate
- Track key metrics to analyse the effectiveness of CI / CD practices, review regularly and action resulting improvements
- Ensure solutions are extensible, maintainable, testable, scalable, manageable and performant
- You will have a solid understanding of how Dev Ops / CI / CD principles and practices can be used to ever increase speed to market and quality
- You will have a solid understanding of PaaS and / or Cloud hosting and deployment options
- You will preferably have some experience leading others, as a technical lead or in a similar role, including responsibilities such as ensuring a focus on goals, organising work, mentoring, sharing knowledge, enforcing standards and managing risks and issues
- You will be strongly customer focused, enthusiastic about understanding customer and business problems deeply, and to track whether our solutions have provided their intended benefit
- You will be happy to thoroughly test your solutions, automating as much as possible
- You will be continually looking for workable ways in which we can work quicker whilst keeping quality high – be they organisational or technical. You will be aware of different development methodologies, and will have experience in at least some. You will understand the core principles behind Agile and DevOps, not just the well-known practices
- You will be a great problem solver, able to grab hold of problems that may not be perfectly defined, to investigate, to provide and advise on options, and implement solutions
- You will collaborate effectively with others. You will see deliveries as team deliveries, and not focus excessively on ‘my own tasks’ at the expense of the overall delivery
- You will value Continuous Improvement, and work to identify and understand issues affecting quality and deliveries, in order to make effective improvements
- You will continually work on improving your own skills and knowledge. You will be equally enthusiastic about teaching others and helping them develop
- You will be able to manage sometimes competing priorities and make judgements, for instance if delivery dates are under threat. You will be able to plan for and manage risk effectively
- You will be a strong communicator, verbally and in writing, able to tailor your message appropriately to the audience
- You will be enthusiastic about delivering high quality solutions, and always looking for ways in which quality can be improved
- You will be bold about challenging accepted ideas, to find better ways of delivering great solutions to customers and colleagues
- You will have experience in at least some of the following (or in equivalent technologies where specifics are mentioned)
- aPaaS & Cloud Hosting and deployment
- CI/CD Pipeline Development with Jenkins
- Configuration Management strategies
- TDD / ATDD, Test Automation
- Gradle, Maven, Ant
- Docker and Kubernetes (Open Shift Container Platform)
- JEE Frameworks
- SQL & No SQL Databases
- RESTful service development
- Version Control Software (e.g. GIT)
- Shell Scripting (e.g. Bash, PowerShell)
- It is preferred but not essential for you to have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant software engineering or other technical discipline.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet