Job Title: Fintech Platform Manager
The overall objective of this role is to support the Rise FinTech Lead and to establish a strong innovation delivery capability for Barclays via the Rise platform. This is predominately done by driving innovation programs and facilitating connectivity to the FinTech ecosystem in India for Barclays clients, customers and colleagues. The role also involves externally representing Barclays FinTech initiatives for entrepreneurs, investors and clients and establishing the bank as a leader of driving innovation in financial services.
This role is centred on establishing the strategy and deliver outputs for following key points:
- [CONNECT]Actively engage with the FinTech ecosystem by attending and hosting conferences, meetups, community events, thought leadership sessions, round tables and business development days.
- [CREATE] Work closely with key stakeholders to identify business needs and evaluate problem statements presented by the coverage team. Pinpoint opportunities to collaborate with FinTech companies inside and outside of the physical Rise community to improve Barclays access and speed to innovate.
- [SCALE] Support rapid scaling efforts by focusing on the follow up from activities created through the connect and create initiatives.
- Utilise the Salesforce system to track, report and quantify innovation progress and connectivity.
- Actively manage the Rise Pod at LTS to enable innovation programs and FinTech engagements.
*Key stakeholders include FinTech ecosystem (incl. Rise Members/Alumni), Barclays, Barclays clients and partners, Venture Capital firms/Investors and Universities.
What will you be doing?
- With an innovation led lens work with Innovation/Rise Mumbai leadership to identify opportunities where Rise can contribute and add value to educate colleagues and the community on FinTech, innovation and trends.
- Work to deliver Barclays’ aim to better engage with entrepreneurs, esp FinTechs. Help to execute strategically planned events aimed at high growth start-ups.
- Lead efforts to drive various innovation engagement programs at the Rise Pod at LTS with colleagues and business teams. Support start-up introductions and discussions with various business units. Ensure insight, knowledge and data is documented and recorded in tools such as Salesforce.
- Support Innovation team on PoC/pilot discussions with various business teams and ensure the relevant data is captured appropriately on various platforms, e.g. Salesforce
- Partner with Innovation leadership to scope out and strategizing activities that will enhance the value proposition and present suggestions to relevant stakeholders at senior level
- Support communication happening via BX India Co-CEO Office and Rise Mumbai and responsible for communicating the success stories, highlighting key achievements of the Innovation function
- Drive a long lasting cultural impact on the organisation for innovation outcomes
What we’re looking for:
- Strategic thinker and ability to support the development and implementation of the Rise platform’s strategic direction. Understanding of the open innovation model
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and innovation practices
- Deeply knowledgeable about Barclays and able to effortlessly point out areas where the Bank can facilitate innovation.
- Change and action orientated, delivery focused
- Passionate about driving innovation using new ideas, technologies and ways of working
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, have the ability to communicate at all levels, including MDs and senior Ds. Able to present to large groups of mixed stakeholders (including VIPs)
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Highly energetic and a team player with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Resilient and resourceful to over-coming barriers to disruptive innovation
- Able to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
- Comfortable with the demands of working in a pressurised environment
- A relationship builder with a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence in clients, colleagues and team highly personable with an ability to effectively perform in a customer facing service role.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.