Job Title: GRS Vice President
- Participates in developing business unit, local and regional strategic initiatives and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit; follows through to ensure that objectives are met
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of controls within the operations of the unit to deliver a near to flawless standard of service
- Accountable for ensuring that adequate operations controls are implemented, risks are mitigated and processes are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for leadership of a practice/department within a business unit, responsible for client delivery activities through cultivation of relationships with global practice executives and stakeholders.
- Makes staffing decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities. Builds a diverse team through recruiting, hiring and succession planning.
- Conducts the performance management process including training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the division/unit. Supports individual career aspirations with lateral movement to new roles or growth and tenure in current roles.
- Demonstrates an understanding of regulations as well as the business impact in each jurisdiction and monitors effective implementation.
- Assumes accountability for liaising cross-function to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Maintains strong relationships with Operations and multiple business stakeholders to meet & exceed expectations of the client
- Strong technical & people manager with leadership qualities to think and act strategically
- Be an effective manager within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for execution of GRS transformation strategy
- Will be responsible of managing stakeholder engagement for US stakeholders
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Experienced leader committed to developing a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all team members are motivated and inspired to deliver the required outcome, taking into account risk and process optimisation factors.
- Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service in a global large-scale, matrix organization whilst mindful of cost control agenda.
- Ability to create and support growth of a talented high performing global team.
- Expert interpersonal skills to effectively manage global cross-functional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and ability to build trust through credible use of facts and data.
- Strong client focus, always puts customer satisfaction first. Track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLA's.
- An expert communicator, with the ability to influence large global cross-functional groups/forums as well as external stakeholders.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Ability to understand and analyse complex problems and provide effective tactical and strategic solutions.
- Excellent understanding of broader business strategy, and apply this lens when making decisions globally.
- Aptitude to operate at varying levels of detail (strategic to close attention) and able to prioritise key activities globally
What we’re looking for:
Understanding of Front to back operational flow for Global markets business
Understanding of shared services construct & horizontal structure
Ability to navigate in Matrix organisation
Graduate degree with fair understanding on various reconciliation controls
Skills that will help you in the Role:
Minimum 12 Years experience in IB operations
Strong communication skills and self-starter
Technical skills desired either Product/asset class or reconciliation tech skills
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.