Job Title: GTSM People Engagement Manager
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
The GTSM People Engagement Manager is a key role that will;
- Drive strategic and people focussed initiatives within GTSM to deliver the highest quality service management offering in a highly reliable, efficient and financially sustainable manner.
- Manage project teams across GTSM to establish processes and optimise outcomes through the identification, design and implementation of people and culture improvement intitiatives in alignment with organisational strategic plans
- Manage performance improvement and people focussed programmes and initiatives over the short to long term to achieve tagerted outcome metrics, and provide business intelligence to sustain the gains.
- Analyse data relating to people, process , vendor and financials that will inform the transformation strategy to drive improvement across the group.
- Embed a continuous service improvement culture, taking into account the mind-set , technical and people skills changes needed in transforming GTSM into a best in class function.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver highly complex People and Culture projects requiring facilitation and collaboration across organisational functions.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ogoing programme of change inline with the GTSM People and Culture Strategy
- Understand the requirements and end to end solution to complete a change scope assessment to drive People and Culture improvements.
- Efficient use of data to support decision making and drive actionable insights
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Ensure the business outcomes and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- Ensure consistency in approach to deliver quality and meet business outcomes inline with GTSM People and Culture strategy
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or equivalent work experience
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong exposure to communication strategies and survey tools.
- Knowledge on Data analytics and visualization tools like, Python, Tableau etc.
- Strong with MS Office Suite, primarily on Excel & Power Point.
- Comprehensive knowledge continuous improvement concepts, procedures, processes, best practices, and industry trends
- Experience of analysing data to understand the current state of the business identifying new opportunities to enhance the value proposition.
- An ability to inspire and influence individuals across the business whilst driving people focussed transformation
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.