Job Title: RFT CTO Architecture Governance Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
As an RFT CTO Architecture Governance Analyst , your team will be the central point of contact for governance and compliance with standards across RFT.
This will require excellent organisational and critical assessment skills to be able to provide the breadth and depth the role requires.
What will you be doing?
- Track milestones, board agendas and action closure + communicating status with key stakeholders
- Build your architecture & project management skillset as part of your professional development
- Produce, curate + iterate communications – SharePoint, confluence, email newsletter, etc. to enhance visibility + engagement
- Ensure governance traceability is clearly evidenced
- Take accountability for oversight and delivery of work packages across RFT
- Ensure Risks & Issues are accurately reflected and tracked across the function
- Work with technical RFT Leads to help refine Governance processes and their application
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience and Knowledge of governance/standards or policies
- Previous experience with business communications across different mediums – email, sharepoint, workshops, PowerPoint.
- Critical thinker – able to articulate complex requirements to technical and non-technical teams working across dotted lines
- Ability to organise and lead working groups to tackle strategic and complex problems
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of and experience of Project Management methodologies and able to track complex items.
- Experience with ITIL frameworks
- Use of architecture tools and Ability to create architectural artefacts
- Architectural qualifications (TOGAF, BCS Architecture, etc.)
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.