Job Title : Security Consultant
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
Structured hybrid role:
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
This is a client-focused technical role to support the secure design and implementation of change across a variety of business areas, technologies and platforms.
• Work with stakeholders and customers to deliver secure solutions that mitigate risk and reduce cost & rework.
• Identify opportunities for the use and development of CSO capabilities and products.
• Provide direction and guidance to change stakeholders to ensure System security is maintained.
• Deliver product and project support & review capability throughout the IT development lifecycle, to highlight and articulate information security risk to stakeholders.
• Engage and partner with change delivery teams to identify and track security requirements and ensure Barclays maintains a secure environment.
The role of the Security Consultant is to deliver Security Solutions Consulting services to ensure appropriate information security assurance is undertaken during the development lifecycle.
What will you be doing?
• Undertake and facilitate information and information security assessments for solutions during various development phases to ensure security weaknesses are identified and correctly managed, proposing solutions as required.
• Ensure the end-to-end information security integrity and quality of solutions and product releases.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure residual risks are adequately mitigated to the degree that meets the risk appetite of the business.
• Timely and accurate recording of client interaction using appropriate systems.
• Support for the wider delivery and success of Security Solutions’ services.
What we’re looking for:
• Shows integrity while addressing challenging situations.
• Actively seeks ways to understand, mitigate or reduce risks.
• Ability to work under pressure or within tight timescales.
• Freely shares information and experiences and seeks knowledge from others.
• Effective at working with minimal guidance in unstructured teams, situations and environments.
• Challenges way of operating with a focus on pragmatism.
• Demonstrates initiative and competence.
• Supports and encourages positive working behaviours in others.
• Able to shift well from task to task.
• Is always developing their personal skills and knowledge..
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrable understanding of security solutions and designs from a people, process and technology perspective; including security technologies, controls and assessment methodologies.
• Strong relationship, communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Knowledge of information security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001/2, NIST, PCI DSS and their application into diverse environments.
• Competent to discuss the underlying technology and security controls with product developers.
• Good awareness and understanding of the Barclay’s business unit responsibilities and structure.
• Knowledgeable about existing best practices for integration of security controls.
• Understands core development methodologies and their associated technologies.
• Security qualification.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.