Date live: 06/30/2020
Reference Code: 90261040
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
- Excellent coding skills required with JAVA as the preferred language.
- Strong experience of developing applications using Java 7/8 / JEE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA and Web Service Development using REST / SOAP
- Strong understanding of OO Designing and Programming Techniques and associated concepts
- Strong understanding of TDD with extensive experience of automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit) using mock object frameworks.
- Strong experience in producing Design and POCs and able to define the framework
- Strong logical reasoning, problem solving and performance tuning Skills
- Must have experience of working in an IT project environment and an understanding of IT and business strategies.
- Ability to work with an existing body of code (maintenance, feature additions, debugging, etc.) and process focused and make less dependent structures
- Knowledge of App Servers like WAS, JBoss, Tomcat.
- Knowledge of SQL, Major RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) and Mongo
- Knowledge of SCM tools like GIT / Perforce
- Knowledge of tools like SonarQube, Jenkins, JProfiler, Maven, Gradle etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps and continuous integration
- Knowledge and experience of Telephony / Contact Centre related solutions, especially for IVR applications and associated skills e.g. VoiceXML and SRGS Grammars is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Amazon Connect and AWS services like Lambda, EC2/ECS is an advantage
- Strong OO background with hands on experience with multiple programming language. (AngularJS, Java) Minimum 10+ Experience.
- Strong Test Driven Development, CI & CD, Pair programming
- Design Patterns and Enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Have ability to drive the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Have delivered successful enterprise-class products to market.
- Experience with automation at all levels of software development.
- Configuration Management and Software Deployment Automation
- Skills to work effectively in distributed team environment.
- Experience with Micro Service & Event Driven Architectures
- CQRS and Event Sourcing experience (Read and watched suggested material - minimum)
- Experience in Chef / Docker based Development background
- Experience with Infrastructure as code DNS, Load Balancer, Certificates, Firewalls
- Openstack / AWS
- Experience with Cloud rollouts
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet