Job Title: Software Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- The role is for a strong Full Stack developer working within the CTO – E2E Change Tooling Team
- The purpose of this role is to provide a specialist service in the field of Java API development to provide a service to the global change portfolio community. Main duties include developing APIs in Java and User interface in ReactJS with GraphQL as backend. The role sits within CTO and will work on End to End Change Tooling. This role will involve interpreting and translating business requirements to a technical solution.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the product vision to continue to allow the E2E Change Tooling to be a one stop solution for all change data
- Work in collaboration with other CTO teams to achieve business objectives. Collaborate and communicate with other developers to build efficient technical solutions.
- Should have an analytical approach to resolving/debugging web applications.
- Understand and Adhere to coding standards already laid out
- Should be able to code based on low level designs
- Good understanding of a developer’s responsibility in team development environment
- Knows to write and execute unit test cases
- Develop and support GraphQL based API in NodeJs
- Support Production releases
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Promptly respond to queries raised by business
- Participate in a culture of knowledge sharing, including maintaining documentation in Confluence
- Write unit tests for the UI and API as well as test the application on SIT
- Work on releasing the API to UAT/PROD
- Write stored procedures and performance tune queries in MSSQL
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in Agile development environment.
- Ability to produce well-tested, documented, high-performance code
- Understand various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Adhere to software engineering best practices like CI/CD pipeline, Building test cases
- Good knowledge and understanding of Backend and Frontend technologies
- Hands-on experience in building Java APIs and React UI applications
- Hands-on experience in building REST API using NodeJs
- Good knowledge of GraphQL
- Hands-on in MSSQL
- Problem solving with alternative approaches and in consultation with stakeholders
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Basic Qualifications – Degree in Computer Science or equivalent having 4 to 6 years of IT experience
- Strong Technical Knowledge in Java, ReactJS and NodeJS.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of python would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of enterprise container platform/K8s or Openshift etc.
- Hands on DevOps tools experience
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.