Job Title: Vector Support Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- The Application Support Analyst will perform a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated users queries.
- Technical support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications
- Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates
- Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle, Strong Analytical Skills
- Manage the success handover of change into the support environment.
What will you be doing?
- Takes responsibility for technical solution to incidents, and problem, reacting quickly to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
- Takes accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities related to the day to day operations of the Banks production applications related to the individual Product area
- Ownership and prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Service Level agreements and Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards, providing regular update to key stakeholders and all levels
- Support the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, absorbing and assimilating the information and providing resources information and education relating to the system technology and function.
- Provide support, expertise and specialized system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents outside of business hours
- Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future software problems and to improve the quality of delivered software.
What We’re Looking For
- Evidence of strong experience of IT software support
- Evidence of strong experience working within an ITIL Environment (preferred)
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Sound time management and organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous second line application support experience.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets.
- Hands on experience of Shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Ability to debug and performance tune application code in PL/SQL, Java etc
- Knowledge of Database performance tuning
- Knowledge on Cloud (AWS) and aPaaS environments
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.