Cash & Liquidity Specialist
As a Barclays Cash & Liquidity Specialist this is an exciting opportunity where you will play an integral part in achieving the Banking income plan through the acquisition of new business and protecting income lines from potential competitor threat, ensuring income streams are sustainable and support the establishment of robust, long-term relationships in conjunction with the lead Relationship Manager. Through effective client planning and engagement, you will ensure that Barclay’s earnings are maximised from cash & liquidity products.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Researching customer needs and identifying appropriate solutions from the cash & liquidity product set in conjunction with relationship management teams
• Ensuring that clients’ needs are understood and exceeded through the provision value adding and innovative cash & liquidity solutions
• Referring opportunities to other specialist solution teams such as Investment Advisors, Trade, Risk Solutions Group and Corporate Bank Cash Specialists
• Developing, planning, and managing cash & liquidity product implementations to ensure client expectations are exceeded
• Identifying new product opportunities, giving feedback on product performance (including pricing) and supporting product change initiatives
• Assisting with the coaching of relationship staff in the research/sale/implementation of core products to customers and in leading spotting for cash & liquidity products
• Taking a motivated approach to continuous self-improvement to ensure an excellent understanding of industry and cash & liquidity trends
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working in a sales environment
• Significant Knowledge of Offshore environment
• Knowledge of Cash & Liquidity and FX (Foreign Exchange) Products
• Evidence of commerciality and understanding of the relative value of deposits and other Private Bank products
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of economic principles
• Well versed with all aspects of sales process, client engagement and pipeline management in the financial services industry
• Appropriate professional qualifications required for the role such as the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) International Cash Management Certificate
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Helier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5-minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.