Job Title: Money Laundering Compliance Officer
As a Barclays Money Laundering Compliance Officer (MLCO) you will be part of a team that provides full time, front line, Anti Money Laundering (AML)/ Financial Crime support to all the businesses which operate in Jersey. You will act as a prime liaison point with key business partners, across all regulated sectors for Financial Crime / AML matters. These sectors are banking, investment, funds services, recognized funds and general insurance mediation.
Regulated roles / IAR
This role is deemed as a regulatory approved role by the Jersey Financial Services Commission and requires the role holder to hold certain qualifications or experience in the finance industry to obtain the formal approval of the regulator to perform the role.
What will you be doing?
• You will provide AML/Financial Crime advice ensuring suitable policies and procedures are in place to meet the regulatory standards and mitigate financial crime risk
• Ensure that compliance framework activity is completed to the highest standard (this includes mapping of key regulations, delivery of day to day financial crime advice
• Support in completion of AML business risk assessments, delivery of AML training, and ensuring suitable regulatory communications are given in a timely and appropriate manner
• You will be advising on the implementation of AML led regulatory change; and provision of suitable management information on all activity completed)
• You will promote consistent compliance, at every level, with Barclays Group and local policies and procedures
• Be involved in managing AML regulatory on-site examinations including preparation, onsite support and follow up activity
• Manage a pipeline of AML regulatory change ensuring that all required activity is embedded in business policies and procedures, at the appropriate time
• Provide Financial Crime views on specific client risks and may be called upon to join committees to articulate key risks and recommended mitigation actions
What we’re looking for:
• Relevant experience in the Jersey Financial Services Industry, with wide ranging compliance/financial crime/AML experience
• Knowledge of financial products covering, trust company business, investment business, banking business, funds service business and general insurance mediation
• Professional Qualifications or studying towards professional qualifications such as the those offered by the International Compliance Association
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to apply knowledge practically and pragmatically with an understanding of the commercial environment
• Excellent understanding of the Jersey AML Regulatory requirements and a good understanding of Global regulatory environments and global company standards
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Helier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5-minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies