Portfolio Support Analyst
As a Barclays Portfolio Support Analyst, you will be part of the Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) team, acting as a steward for the clients and the business. For this role, you will operate both with fiduciary accountability and a desire to build lasting Discretionary relationships. You will also be assisting the Head of Jersey Discretionary Portfolio Management and Portfolio Managers in implementing the Investment Process and interfacing with key stakeholders.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Becoming a business champion for the Jersey DPM team, ensuring you are being seen by the stakeholders as a go-to person within the business for portfolio support
• Maintaining investment mandates and application of investment guidelines
• Assisting Portfolio Managers with order creation and ensuring portfolios remain within guidelines and risk tolerance
• Opening new portfolios using the portfolio opening tool and ensuring these are in line with the Investment Management Mandate
• Ensuring discounting process is adhered to, discounts are correctly approved, and the portfolios are updated to reflect new agreed and decided fee rates
• Doing ad-hoc administrative tasks including investment meeting minutes, ongoing review of manual processes, considering risks and recommending potential solutions
• Ensuring that client deadlines, internally agreed key performance indicators, service standards and client reporting requirements are met
• Undertaking daily oversight, checking including batch reports, in-flows and debit balances
What we’re looking for:
• A team player with a resilient personality and an exceptional attention to detail
• Good influencing, negotiating and communication skills and ability to effectively tailor messages to suit the needs of different audiences
• Previous client dealing experience within financial services industry
• Goal-orientated with capability to think independently and solve complicated problems and the ability to operate under pressure and to tight deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Interest in CFA or IMC is highly advantageous
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Hellier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5-minute walk to the beautiful harbor with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organization with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.