Compliance Assurance Conduct Business Associate
As a Barclays Compliance Assurance Conduct Business Associate, you will have an opportunity to join the Compliance Assurance team, an independent testing function within Compliance, to assess conduct and reputational risks through the performance of business and thematic Conduct reviews. This role seeks individuals who are highly motivated and highly competent who are able to conduct and drive reviews. The team is primarily responsible in the firm for providing assurance on the effectiveness of conduct and reputational risk management.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and delivering reviews that provide solid insight and value by identifying risks and issues, or examples of good practice
- Adopting Data Analytics using logic and analytical skills in reviews while providing assurance and identifying issues
- Conducting reviews inline with the Compliance Assurance methodology in the execution of reviews (throughout planning, testing, and reporting)
- Conducting assurance activities that identify risk/ control/ outcome deficiencies of the upmost relevance, providing valuable insights and informed opinions
- Providing cultural leadership through recognising and valuing differences, e.g. through collaboration across diverse networks
- Constantly striving for, and implementing, better ways of working to demonstrate increased efficiency, productivity, and forward planning by meeting planned timescales
- Realising efficiencies within the Standard Review lifecycle that heightens the overall assurance product effectiveness and allows compression of the end to end lifecycle timeline
- Keeping up to date on business developments, regulatory change, internal policies, and Compliance objectives so Compliance Assurance work remains relevant, timely and valuable
What are we looking for:
- Solid understanding of Investment Banking business, particularly Markets, and preferably with working experience in a Global Investment Bank
- Solid investigative skills with the capability to identify key risks and areas of non-conformance with regulatory and legislative requirements and lack of controls
- Experience of discussing contentious observations with management and recommending necessary actions.
- Track record of high performance and effective execution with ability to deliver high quality work in a timely and structured manner as part of a team
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Technical Compliance knowledge and the application of local regulatory or comparable rules and guidance in relation to relevant Barclays’ Businesses
- Solid understanding and ability to identify controls and assess its effectiveness
- Prior experience in Compliance Advisory, Assurance, Front Office Controls Testing or Audit
- Ability to embrace change as team evolves and stay relevant to business model changes and needs
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.