Corporate and Investment Bank Marketing Manager APAC
As a Corporate and Investment Bank Marketing Manager APAC, you will be responsible for implementing the Corporate and Investment Bank’s marketing strategy in Asia Pacific. Based in our Singapore office, you will be the go-to contact for internal business partners and external agencies as you build marketing programmes in support of our commercial priorities. You will promote the CIB’s public website as a global hub for content, through the development of digital marketing campaigns that drive traffic to specific content pieces.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Developing relationships across business units in APAC to identify & developing new content marketing opportunities that support the commercial objectives of the CIB
- Taking raw content and briefings from individual CIB business lines, distilling complex topics, and transforming information into compelling, clear marketing communications
- Helping to deliver the CIB’s global digital strategy targeting Institutional Investors and C-suite clients, ensuring that all digital tactics are fully aligned with business requirements
- Directing a mix of internal resources and external agencies to create marketing communications including articles, videos, social posts and event materials
- Growing awareness and traffic to www.cib.barclays by providing users with useful and engaging content that’s aligned with their business decision-making needs and interests
- Coordinating closely with Corporate Communications, Events and Citizenship teams to amplify Barclays brand in Asia
- Acting as the regional eyes & ears for the global CIB Marketing team, keeping the broader team up to date on Asia-based initiatives that could be utilized widely in our global efforts
- Monitoring market trends, competitor activity and oversee advertising and marketing activities to ensure the approach is tailored and relevant
What we’re looking for:
- Progressive experience in relevant marketing roles
- Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing
- Understanding of B2B marketing, preferably with prior experience in the financial services sector
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable finding a way forward on projects with limited oversight and/ or incomplete information
- Ability to develop highly effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external agency partners across regions and time zones, including UK and US
- Significant results orientation with ability to convert strategy to action for flawless execution within budget, while remaining flexible and adaptable in approach
- Experience producing content for digital channels specifically, as well as channel specific knowledge (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, web, and the like)
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.