Research Business Manager APAC
As a Barclays Research Business Manager APAC, you will be accountable for the management and oversight of strategic initiatives, local Research control environment, and administration of the APAC Research Team. You will give emphasis on the implementation of the global Research strategy, application of cost control, implementation and awareness of risks and controls. You will also have an exciting opportunity to engage with the Research Team and infrastructure partners such as Legal, Compliance, Technology and HR.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Providing day-to-day support to the APAC Research team and resolving any operational issues
- Escalating material issues and concerns to local and global management
- Liaising with infrastructure including Legal, HR, Audit, Compliance, BCM, and Technology
- Overseeing the offshore team in managing Research revenue under MIFID II unbundling rules as well as Research APAC Risk and Control agenda
- Representing Research at APAC regional meetings and forums
- Liaising with internal audit during reviews affecting APAC Research
- Working with management on approval and implementation of new products
- Providing administration of approvals, expense management, market data, etc as appropriate
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or a degree holder
- Thorough understanding of sell-side Research, knowledge of Banking and Financial Products
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory concepts impacting Research in key markets (US, EU, UK, APAC)
- Prior experience and knowledge of Risk and Controls frameworks in financial institutions as well as invoicing and collecting revenue under MIFID II unbundling rules
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A self-starter who has a positive mind-set, resilient, self-driven attitude and self-awareness; who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Track record of effective stakeholder management
- Comfortable analysing and working with large data sets
- Excellent time management skills and ability to coordinate with various teams to action items for timely delivery
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.