Macro Trader - Asia
This role will require the role holder to hold mandatory registrations with MAS.
As a Barclays Macro Trader - Asia, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the Markets team, helping clients to understand developments in global markets and offering execution and risk management across every major asset class in every region. You’ll be accountable for market making and risk management of G10 Macro products. Barclays is a top 5 global FX firm and has been a pioneer in educating global investors about the concept of FX and Rates as asset class.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Market-making of G10 FX Forwards on voice and E channel sub two years with focus in AUD and NZD
- Market-making of uncleared AUD derivatives and cross currency basis up to 30 years
- Risk-managing books in prudent manner including taking into account returns on capital
- Building and maintaining client franchise as a market leader, working closely with Distribution and Research
- Presenting trade ideas and engaging with clients on a regular basis and visiting key global and regional clients periodically
- Engaging with partners in IT to enhance the pricing and risk management infrastructure to improve trade productivity and reduce operational risk
- Managing the risk from residual positions by working closely with infra partners and making sure all thresholds and limits for the desk are met
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in FX Forward and Rates market-making
- Familiarity with AUD and NZD Rates and FX markets
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven track record of revenue generation
- Solid analytical, communication and adaptive skill set
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a “city in a garden”. Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you’re just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.