- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 16, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment / Portfolio Management
Reference Code: 90365907
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Investment Service Executive
Guernsey or Jersey or Isle of Man
As a Barclays Investment Service Executive, you will be working within the Investment Specialist Support team by providing support in all aspects of the investment sales process and playing a pivotal role in the delivery of a first class service and client experience. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be involved in providing clients with the most appropriate and suitable investment service and to gain a greater understanding of the regulatory environment in which Barclays provide investment services.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting the Investment advisor in managing day-to-day administration of client relationships, attending meetings, preparing file notes, & drafting of letters/documentation
• Responding in a timely and professional manner to client requests, owning end-to-end task execution, working pro-actively with different teams to ensure delivery and resolve issues
• Assisting Investment advisor in ensuring adherence to Global policies and risk management
• Identifying opportunities to improve current procedures and ways of working to the benefit of our clients, along with aiding the implementation of the change
• Handling incoming emails and addressing/solving clients' administration inquiries in order to provide high quality personalised service
• Ensuring quality, accurate and timely execution of all client and administrative items and reporting of all risk events and complaints
• Acting as the key contact point for clients dealing with day-to-day administration across the range of services and products
• Acting as liaison between Investment advisor and specialist product and platform areas - Investment Managers/Credit/Relationship Managers/Platform/Onboarding/Operations
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical, and advanced problem solving and decision making skills with ability to quickly understand/interchange with a variety of other products and technical areas
• PC-literacy with appropriate knowledge in the following systems: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Being customer centric - passionate about engaging and supporting customers to promote good outcomes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Being creative, pragmatic and strategic thinker
• Highly motivated team player with excellent rapport building skills
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Guernsey situated in the heart of St Peter Port, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Guernsey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.
We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Hellier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5-minute walk to the beautiful harbor with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organization with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.
Isle of Man
You will be based in one of our two offices situated in the heart of Douglas, Isle of Man, where you are within 5 minutes’ walk of the shops and harbour. Barclays holds its values at the forefront of everything we do with a firm emphasis on our colleague population and the community we live in. We are a fast paced, future focused organization with opportunities for development and mobility across Barclays Group.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.