Small Business Manager
As a Barclays Small Business Manager, you will be a part of both the Corporate and Community banking team. In your new role you will be overseeing, supporting, and growing a portfolio of Small Business Customers (up to £400k) through proactive contact that is relevant, timely and value-adding. You will be contributing to the sustainable growth of Start-up businesses by identifying correct product selection and mandatory promotion of digital and telephony channels for engagement.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing and growing a portfolio of entry level clients by developing effective external networks and actively participating in the Citizenship agenda
• Identifying and managing client solutions with a focus on Digital and Direct channel adoption
• Integrating and collaborating with colleagues to meet the local markets strategy
• Engaging directly with internal stakeholders to deliver optimum digital solutions for clients
• Maintaining a high understanding of all Digital Related Technology/ Information, providing highly impactful demonstrations to clients/ colleagues/ relevant community segments
• Supporting the inclusion and migration of existing Small Business Clients to Digital and Telephony solutions
• Delivering exceptional business and service performance, growing revenue, and protecting reputation whilst maintaining sound risk management protocols
• Raising awareness of key cyber threats to the business and sharing fraud prevention best practice and signposting further support to help mitigate these threats
What we’re looking for:
• Working experience in delivering high quality client portfolio management, with the ability to identity and manage a range of client solutions
• Proficient in technical competencies such as profit orientation and business awareness with a client/ customer service focus
• Relationship-orientated in a culturally diverse international market with good influencing skills to be able to exert commercial negotiation
• Working financial services experience and an understanding of the need to operate within high risk and regulatory standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Able to demonstrate a logical and structured approach to achieving desired outcomes along with excellent written and verbal communication and ability to communicate across all levels
• High integrity and trust due to the sensitive nature of information handled
• Solid knowledge of global economic and political conditions, current affairs and competitor activity and the implication of these on our clients
Where will you be working?
We have two offices in Guernsey situated in the heart of St Peter Port, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Guernsey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.