Senior Customer Service Advisor – Complex Queries
Date live: Jan. 24, 2020
Reference Code: 00271863
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Compliance
Senior Customer Service Advisor
As a Barclays Complex Queries Advisor, you’ll be required to deliver the highest standards of customer and colleague service in pursuit of resolving customer complaints within regulatory timescales, providing clear and concise outcomes to restore faith in Barclaycard. You will manage customers and colleagues with complex servicing matters in a way that appears effortless and supportive, making pro-active customer contact to improve the overall Barclaycard experience, performing interventions that may lead to a negative experience or complaints being raised.
What will you be doing?
• You will manage customer complaints end to end (logging to resolution)
• You will undertake diligent complaint investigation to ensure the correct customer outcome is reached
• You will ensure complaints management is undertaken via both inbound and outbound customer contact over all available customer contact channels (telephone, email, written, web, etc.)
• You will fully utilise all available customer/colleague channels to communicate effectively with your customers
• You will work as part of the pro-active customer contact team managing outbound contact to improve specific scenarios that could result in customer detriment &/or complaint’s
What we’re looking for:
• An expert working knowledge of customer management practice
• Customer service and relationship management skills to deal with external customers on sensitive issues
• Knowledge of back office and peripheral functions, for example fraud, disputes, internet helpdesk
• Knowledge of mandatory regulation requirements, including FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), DPA (Data Protection Act) and DDA (Disability Discrimination Act).
• Keyboard and screen navigation skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring and outstanding level of customer service, whereby an emotional connection with the customer is built.
• Striving to exceed customer expectations and being empowered to deal with customer requests at first point of contact.
• Using your time efficiently, adhering to personal work patterns and schedules to meet customer demand and ensure you achieve your own objectives.
• Commitment to your own in-role development, by continuously developing your own knowledge, skills and competence
Where will you be working?
Situated on Teasdale Business Park, Barclaycard House is bounded by the River Tees and Tees Valley Line. It is a short distance from Stockton-On-Tees Town Centre.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.