Date live: Feb. 06, 2020
Reference Code: 00272133
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Credit, Mortgages & Lending
As a Mortgage Advisor in our Mortgage Direct Distribution Virtual team, you’ll be responsible for every aspect of the mortgage process – advising customers on their needs, processing their transaction and resolving any issues that arise. Based on your customer’s needs, you will also be recommending related products such as life, critical illness protection and home insurance, so you’ll need to be a great relationship builder.
To find out more before you apply? We’re running a recruitment event on Thursday 13th February 2020 from 5pm to 7.30pm at our Sunderland office.
This is a great opportunity to meet with existing Barclays colleagues, find out more about the different opportunities available to you, and the benefits of working at our office in Sunderland.
To register for this event, join our Talent Community here and we will give you all the details.
What will you be doing?
• You will be performing in-depth, regulated meetings with customers which provides them with mortgage and protection recommendations
• You will be providing accurate advice within a control framework on a range of regulated products
• You will gain a full understanding of the customer’s personal circumstances to recommend and present mortgage and protection solutions to best suit their needs
• You will proactively be managing the customer experience at all stages of the borrowing journey ensuring customers receive exceptional service
• You will be a Digital Expert; proactively educating and facilitating customers through the flexibility of our digital services to ensure they have confidence in using their channel of choice
What we’re looking for:
• Must have a full Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) or Mortgage Advice Qualification (MAQ)
• Must have a good understanding of Mortgages, the mortgage market, products and services, and be able to demonstrate a keen interest in Mortgages
• Customer service and relationship management skills to deal with external customers on sensitive issues and with internal stakeholders to facilitate process
• A track record of success in regulated tasks and a track record of success in meeting customer needs
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of Mortgages regulatory framework.
• Has Competent Adviser Status (or equivalent) with their existing company
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to overcome challenges
• Expertise in use of IT systems and associated applications
Where will you be working?
Our Flagship site, Doxford Park, has two modern well-equipped buildings, with over 1,700 employees, Doxford Park offers many facilities including a discounted gym, the convenience of an ATM. There’s also an onsite restaurant and coffee bar, as well as a number of food outlets only two minutes away on foot.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the UK PRA & Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and following training, will require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants