Israel Banking - Analyst
Date live: Jan. 27, 2020
Location: Tel Aviv
Reference Code: 90252722
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Analytics
Job Title: Investment Banking Analyst
Location: 21 Ha’arba’a Street, Tel Aviv, 64739 Israel
Barclays is the leading investment bank in Israel and has contributed to the growth of the Israeli economy by advising on key financing and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions.
Since 1995, Barclays has acted as Bookrunner on 116 Israel-related equity offerings, raising over $30 billion; as Bookrunner on 62 Israel-related fixed income offerings, raising over $73 billion; and as advisor on 74 M&A transactions worth over $108 billion in aggregate. Barclays was involved in virtually all landmark Israel-related transactions including Teva’s $40.5bn acquisition of Actavis generics from Allergan, the largest M&A out of Israel and its latest $4.5bn senior notes offering, Sell-side of Orbotech for $3.3bn to KLA-Tencor, Mobileye’s $1.0bn IPO and $822 Follow on Offering, EZchip’s acquisition by Mellanox for $811mn and many more.
What will you be doing?
• Interact with the immediate team members, but he/she will also extensively work very closely with other close teams that are key partners for the success of the team business objectives.
• Work as full members of project teams on financing and advisory projects for our clients.
• Financial analysis for projects including debt and equity financing, M&A, divestitures and general financial advisory services.
• Develop an invaluable skill set of modelling, accounting and valuation techniques.
• Participation in due diligence session, preparation of marketing materials for clients and investors and conducting market and industry analysis.
What we’re looking for:
• University graduate (BA, Bsc and equivalent degrees) preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Law, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Distinctive academic and extra- curricular achievements.
• Fluent in Hebrew and English.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team- based environment.
• Willingness and capability to handle a challenging, demanding job with long hours.
• A positive, highly motivated attitude combined with strong leadership.
• Solid understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment.
• Experienced analyst in an investment banking environment required.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Numerate and strong analytical skills.
• Proven ability using Microsoft Office tools (Power Point, Excel, Word).
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence.
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; attention to detail.
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Israel located in the center of Tel-Aviv a walking distant from a train station.Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.