Assistant Fraud Strategy Analyst
As a Barclays Assistant Fraud Strategy Analyst you will provide/support the Fraud Management Strategy team on delivering their objectives aligned to loss reduction, customer experience and delivery of new fraud and scam strategies to detect and prevent fraud, and maximise recovery of funds. You will also use effective use of data and analytics to allow quantitate decisions to take place to prevent fraud.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting in developing and delivering initiatives to achieve the overall fraud and scam loss targets working with stakeholders
• Providing input on losses, trends and change on behalf of relevant Fraud Strategy portfolios into appropriate forum’s, operational risk assessments and control reviews
• Supporting the Fraud Strategy managers in the design of mitigating controls to reduce fraud risk exposure
• Problem-solving issues to help better protect our customers and Barclays UK from card fraud, payment fraud, lending fraud & scams
• Undertaking investigational analysis on cases from different areas to help determine root cause, and be able to articulate your findings both verbally and in written format
• Being able to identify and articulate enhancements to existing processes or systems to reduce future risk
What we’re looking for:
• Degree at 2 :1 or above in something with an element of mathematics (e.g. Phsyics, Economics etc.)
• Some exposure to at least one coding language
• Good analytical and SAS data mining skills in order to access the Barclays Data Warehouse to build and extract meaningful MI on fraud losses and trends
• Knowledge of the finance industry and financial projects
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience within fraud risk and compliance environment
• Knowledge of 1st/2nd/3rd line of defence structure and Corporate governance
• Knowledge of Financial Crime and Fraud trends and issues
• Experience in using SAS/SQL and manipulating data
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.