Flexible UK location
As a Barclays Copywriter, no two days are the same, so we need someone who’s versatile enough to turn their hand to everything from in-app copy flows and complex digital journeys to creative campaigns and concept development. You’ll be a confident sub editor, who can spot the tiniest error a mile off, and a natural at translating business or customer needs into world-class content. You’ll help us transform the way we engage with our customers and clients by pushing creative boundaries.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• Role-model our desired Marketing behaviours and support the embedding of a genuinely collaborative spirit, inside and outside our team – help make the team a great place to work
• Make banking simple for our customers. Use experience, insights and creative brilliance to write copy that is personalised, human, honest and effective
• Sub-edit content written by all colleagues in the copy team and agencies. Always apply our tone of voice, house style, content strategy, customer experience principles and best practice
• Know and understand our Key Performance Indicators and metrics and use them in your projects
• Take a lead role on projects, influencing how business needs are translated into customer-or colleague-facing content – promoting a holistic and nuanced view of CX.
• Build a rounded content design skillset to complement and enhance creative writing skills.
• Apply a Conduct lens across all we do and challenge wherever necessary to ensure we are doing the best thing for our Customers, Clients & our Company
• Learn to use customer research, user-centred design, customer personas, content heuristics, user testing, A/B & multivariate testing, search & traffic data & feedback to design creative content
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to understand the key elements of a brief and translate that into great copy
• Ability to understand key stakeholders’ needs and motivations, and work together for mutually beneficial outcomes
• Willingness to look for feedback and insight at all opportunities
• You’re resolute in meeting promises and hitting objectives and deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent copywriting experience with a good understanding of digital content best practice and UX
• Excellent understanding of branding, content strategy and experience working with other teams in an agile environment
• Experience editing the work of other writers
• Experience working directly with stakeholders, managing their feedback and resolving challenges
Where will you be working?
We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy.