- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Our customer service colleagues are at the forefront of our obsession with customers - and right now our customers need us more than ever. They need colleagues who are understanding, committed, and take ownership of their development. Because when our colleagues are learning, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most - from life's little moments to the big ones.
Date live Mar. 17, 2023
Business Area COO & Functions
Area of Expertise Relationship Management / Sales
Reference Code 90352810
Senior Customer Service Advisor
£25,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
35hrs per week, rotating between 7am-11pm Monday to Sunday
As a Barclays Senior Customer Service Advisor, you will be at the forefront of our passion for working with customers, serving their more complex needs and right now our customers need us more than ever. Whatever their enquiry may be you’ll help them with a personal approach, providing solutions to best suit their needs. We are looking for colleagues with empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of their personal development, how you develop is up to you, but we’ll make it our job to notice, nurture and support your ambitions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing assistance and outcomes to best suit their needs
• Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they are valued
• Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers are confident with our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
• Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
• Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
• Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customer’s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
• Operating in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
• Taking inbound calls at times so you will need to listen to customers specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
• A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
• The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
• Competency in fraud investigation, processes and systems reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
• Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our Branches which are the heart of Barclays. Branches are changing both in the way they look and the way our colleagues work in them. We aim to have someone on hand to help our customers with their banking needs from the moment they walk in, creating an exquisite customer experience, face to face, while using technology to create the quickest, most seamless experience for them.
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Do you have what it takes to join our contact centre team?
We're looking for people with these key traits.
Deciding on your next career step is a big decision, why not take our quiz to find out if this opportunity is right for you?Take our quiz
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
So I'd say expect the unexpected - it's brilliant and every day is different. You need to be adaptable and resilient.
Customer Care Team Lead, Sunderland Contact Centre
We believe in taking ownership, it's a big piece of our community - there's always opportunity to champion initiatives or projects when they come up. If you can see a need for something, if you've picked up on something that could be changed, revolutionise the way we do something, or make it more efficient, everyone's really open to those ideas.
Customer Care, Sunderland Contact Centre
If I'm starting a conversation with a customer, in an ideal world, I'll finish it - whether that's a complaint, an application, or trying to help them change their details online, we'll be there from start to finish.
Customer Care, Sunderland Contact Centre
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.