- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 26, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Reference Code: 00283683
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Assistant VP, Full Stack Developer
Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays Services LLC
What will you be doing?
• On behalf of a global financial services organization, work within the API Platform Team and design, develop and productionize applications, write continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, gather business requirements, manage stakeholders, and maintain responsibility for end-to-end full stack development and deployment of the applications.
• Build APIs and products to enable partners to integrate natively with endpoints as a form of Banking-as-a-Service, and define minimum controls or checks that must be completed prior to the on-boarding of Partners/Third Party Developers.
• Help drive software architecture, high level, and low level designs toward asynchronous, functional, reactive systems using extensive experience in building highly scalable, concurrent, large volume, event-driven systems.
• Design, code and unit test the most complex software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation.
• Employ Agile techniques, including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation, continuous integration, and knowledge of software best practices such as Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, and extreme programming to enhance overall execution speed and product quality.
• Ensure the success of continuous integration, delivery, and quality control through automation.
• Drive innovation in test automation strategy and methodology and ensure the highest quality of test coverage, automation, risk assessment, governance, and quality assurance for all technology initiatives and deliverables.
• Build and Lead a team of competent and skilled full stack developers to oversee development projects efficiently and execute business critical requirements.
• Support incident and problem management for production environments.
• Perform lead root cause analysis, capture information on technology related issues, and suggest process improvements.
What we’re looking for:
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any) or related field and five (5) years of post-baccalaureate progressively responsible experience in the position offered or as a Software Engineer, Software Development Senior Analyst, Senior Associate, or related occupation. Must have experience with each of the following required skills: Using Java to develop and build new functionalities for API Gateway; Developing Java based application using Spring frameworks; Performing database querying, creation, deletion, and modification of records in Oracle and Hibernate; Designing and publishing APIs as webservices; Using Agile methodology to deliver new functionality; Building microservices and developing application utilizing Spring Core; Deploying applications onto servers using Jenkins; and Developing UX workflows for Web and Mobile platforms using Front End Development Frameworks such as JSP, JQuery and/or AJAX.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Whippany, New Jersey location at 300/400 Jefferson Park. At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.