Bank Debt Management Analyst
Date live: Apr. 07, 2021
Reference Code: 90281039
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Bank Debt Management Analyst
As a Barclays Bank Debt Management Analyst, you will have responsibility and ownership for proactively managing the transactional closing, booking and long term asset management of a portfolio of both investment grade and non-investment grade loan transactions, including Asset Based Loans. You will collaborate with front office teams in a variety of ways, assisting in the routine operational support along the transaction closing cycle.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Reviewing documentation to ensure it meets operational requirements and manage a portfolio of transactions
• Reviewing legal loan documentation and ensure it meets operational requirements for agented and participation transactions
• Acting as an escalation point for off shore teams as it relates to the lending portfolio and team related matters
• Working with LC Specialist and Letter of Credit Team in respect to the issuance of LC’s that may be required under a Guarantee request for Agented transactions and act as lead with the respective teams in the US and UK
• Managing the associated closing process utilizing internal systems to complete the setup of a transaction profile and completion of post-closing functions across their portfolio.
• Coordinating primary assignment process with Primary Closing Operations team (for led deals)
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
• Proven experience in loan operations
• Proven experience in the banking/finance industry
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid understanding of loan documentation and closing process
• Aptitude to learn new software / applications
• Keen risk awareness, ability to understand, identify and discuss risks associated with transactions they cover
• Solid interest and knowledge in the loan market and financial terms
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.