Resilience Governance and Regulatory Lead
As a Barclays Resilience Governance and Regulatory Lead, you will oversee and protect the bank’s resilience through governance of the resilience risk position. This is an opportunity to deliver through driving the governance agenda for resilience through its scope as well as the day-to-day management of the Group Resilience Council. You will define and mature the governance scope, working closely with the Policy and tooling owners so the governance position can be measured, reported, and acted upon.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Managing and leading governance and regulatory reporting for BB PLC Resilience
• Working alongside the Resilience Leads to drive and deliver a fit for purpose Governance Service Offering for BB PLC Resilience
• Assisting the Head of Group Operational Resilience Governance & Reporting on regulatory, senior management and board related reports
• Managing and overseeing the governance including, ORAC Issue management and delivery of the BU Resilience Council agenda, report, minutes and actions
• Working alongside the Framework, Execution and BU Resilience Leads teams to refine and develop the content for Resilience Councils
• Developing new processes and initiatives as required to expand the governance agenda
• Reporting into the Head of Operational Resilience Governance & Reporting, assisting with additional group wide tasks as required and providing deputy support
• Developing and sharing best practice, education and awareness of governance across the Group
What we’re looking for:
• Background in Committee secretariat related responsibilities
• Prior experience in senior management, board and regulatory reporting
• Background in governance, risk, controls, and issue management as well as experienced in interpreting Policy, Standards and Controls
• Experience in managing data quality, reporting and assurance processes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Effective team leader and a team player
• Excellent PowerPoint skills and written communication
• Background, understanding or working knowledge of Operational Resilience, Technology and Supplier Risk
• Background or working knowledge of Governance and Reporting
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.