Vice President – Regulatory Reporting
This role requires FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87, however, if you are not registered, we will offer sponsorship that will allow you to achieve this.
As a Barclays Vice President – Regulatory Reporting, you will be managing the critical function of the SEC Rule 15c3-3 Customer Reserve requirement. This process is required by the Securities and Exchange Commission along with the designated examining authority, FINRA. You will serve as the first line of defense in a controlling capacity for requisite information required by regulators for the customer protection requirement as well as delivering to key stakeholders and addressing examination requests.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Participating in a strategic initiative program to enhance the controls and processes related to SEC Rule 15c3-3 including potential tech automation solutions
• Contributing to various regulatory requirements for the broker-dealer including SEC Rule 15c3-1, 15c3-3, and the required filing submissions
• Implementing, maintaining, and enhancing robust controls and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulatory standards
• Monitoring and refining processes to mitigate risks and improving efficiency withing the regulatory reporting framework
• Supporting regulatory examinations and external audits, delivering ad hoc stakeholder requests, and assisting with audit due diligence sessions
• Interacting with senior management across the functional areas in Barclays as well as external stakeholders (regulators and auditors)
What we’re looking for:
• Experience and expertise in SEC/FINRA Broker Dealer Regulatory Reporting, including performing and/or overseeing the 15c3-3 customer reserve requirement
• Understanding of the Operational records and settlement mechanics of a broker dealer
• Experience and ability to manage small teams and execute tasks, challenges, and escalate issues where needed
• Attention to detail and ability to present to key stakeholders including senior management and regulators
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in other areas of regulatory reporting including 15c3-1 Net Capital, FOCUS reporting, and CFTC segregation requirements
• Detail oriented and analytical aptitude and the ability to work efficiently with advance spreadsheets and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Ability to build relationships across teams- Operations, Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, Compliance, etc
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.