Business Analyst Data Business Partner
As a Barclays Business Analyst Data Business Partner, you will be acting within a team of data partners and analysts, and you will get an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of an evolving capability within the CIB CDO. You will be focused on meeting data quality and control standards across multiple areas of the business. This is a unique role for an individual with project delivery experience, but also a willingness to investigate business challenges at a detailed level across data sets, operational processes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Documenting metadata requirements, definitions and authoritative sources ensuring stakeholders are aware of their responsibilities in managing data
• Defining data models based on metadata requirements, ensuring that data change is strategic, efficient and maintains integrity
• Undertaking and supporting business analysis to assess needs, capture requirements and define solutions that will maximize the value delivered to stakeholders
• Handling responsibility for adherence to group mandated Data Quality Standard, capturing, and managing data issues within defined framework
• Identifying requirements and specifications for proposed data remediation efforts to meet regulatory commitments, risk controls and business objectives
• Being responsible for delivering of impact assessments and business cases to senior stakeholders to obtain buy in for CDO proposed recommendations
• Managing of a designated set of Corporate & Investment Bank Data Domain(s), proactively facilitating engagement to strengthen the data quality, control environment
What we’re looking for:
• Understanding and experience in business analysis within a data management capability
• Demonstrable track record of successful project and change delivery whilst dealing with competing priorities
• Dedicated team player who is results-oriented with proven and effective leadership and line management
• Collaboration skills to be able to engage, influence and work across different geographies with diverse stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience with Markets, Corporate or Investment Banking
• Significant understanding and experience of Data management, risk, and controls within a financial services organization, at a senior level
• Delivery within a regulatory environment e.g., SEC, FINRA, and the like
• Process improvement or Lean Six Sigma certification
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.