Date live: 03/03/2021
Reference Code: 90278601
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
As a Barclays Business Analyst you will work on IB AML (Investment Bank Anti-Money Laundering) Strategic and Quantexa IB Markets Project. You will be a liaison between development teams and compliance business stakeholders with specific focus on developing or enhancing technology for performing IB Transaction Monitoring. You will get the opportunity to utilize your knowledge of Front Office, Middle Office or Back Office Trades processing, IB Markets and perform in-depth data analysis.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Performing data analysis by interacting with Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office systems to determine the best data sourcing strategy for IB Markets AML monitoring
• Performing business and data analysis to implement and maintain solutions in IB AML monitoring on Actimize and Quantexa platforms
• Coordinating with business stakeholders and technology colleagues to plan project deliverables
• Liaising with developers and business stakeholders and properly document & communicate functional requirements (FRD) and technical requirements
• Performing in-depth impact analysis to provide business stakeholders insight to monitoring brought by data or system changes
• Engaging in Quality Assurance testing prior to delivery of solution to stakeholders for UAT testing
• Providing support to business stakeholders to answer queries and concerns during testing and post production implementation
• Learning the technologies and the functional aspects of the projects that you are involved in, through self-training and other trainings offered in the team
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree/ University degree or equivalent experience
• Expertise on IB Markets Trade Life Cycle
• Ability to perform business and data analysis alongside working with technology colleagues, developers and business stakeholders
• Ability to write SQL queries on RDBMS databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working on Quantexa or Actimize platforms
• Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle
• Knowledge in IB AML (Investment Bank Anti-Money Laundering) Transaction Monitoring
• Beginner level knowledge on Spark and Scala
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. Our size, scale and significance mean we’re fundamental to the way the world works, and technology is crucial to our effectiveness.
Size, stability, agility, ambition and impact. Find it all and more at Barclays Technology.
"I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need."
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
"Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes."
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
"The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business."
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
"Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank."
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet