Client Valuations Assistant Vice President
Barclays Services Corp.
What will you be doing?
Barclays Services Corp. seeks Client Valuations Assistant Vice President in Whippany, NJ (multiple positions available):
• Manage a team of individuals within the Americas who support the Client Valuations process
• Ensuring clients’ valuations are delivered daily, to satisfy client and regulatory requirements
• Ensuring effective co-ordination of client queries between our global teams
• Ensuring all regulatory obligations are met daily, including Daily Marks statements
• Liaising with Sales and Trading to ensure that clients’ valuations are appropriately set up
• Building and maintaining solid internal and external relationships to aid with process maintenance and improvement
• Determine which valuations are valid, using judgement based system exceptions and using your knowledge on system flows
• Resolve queries pertaining to mark-to-market differences and work with the Risk teams to understand the methodology involved on a per client basis
• Develop a thorough understanding of Exposure manager and other risk/margin platforms – including feed flows, data validation, and workflow and error indicators
• Undertake detailed analysis to be able to not only pinpoint data integrity issues but trace back to root causes
• Liaise with the various stakeholders, such as Trading, Sales, Product Control, Technology and Operations, to ensure that root causes are understood, queries are promptly resolved and a remedial action plan is put in place and implemented within the required timeframe
• Engage with IT to ensure the statement batch run is promptly rerun to ensure the Client and Regulatory statements are issued correctly and within the stated KPIs
• In cases where no resolution is found, ensure a full and effective handover is in place and agreed by the onshore team to action
• Once data integrity, daily controls and checks have been verified, ensure all Client and Regulatory Valuations, out of core the Barclays Valuations system (Exposure Manager) are issued
• Ensure adherence to both CVG-specific Risk & Controls, and the policy valuation data, working proactively to enhance controls and efficiency in the day-to-day operation and in respect of the delivery of projects
• Produce and circulate impact analysis on system outages and regularly communicates progress to management
• Support the specification and testing of improvements to all systems used across Client Valuations
• May telecommute
What we’re looking for:
• Employer will accept a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Global Finance, Economics, Operations, Business Management, or a related field
• and 4 years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Whippany, New Jersey location at 400 Jefferson Park. At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.