Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring – Assistant Vice President
As a Barclays Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring – AVP this is an exciting opportunity where you will focus on helping the Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring (GSTM) team in its aim to provide class leading AML Transaction Monitoring Services across the in-scope Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BBPLC businesses / locations). You will be empowering the financial crime risk and process owners to identify, own and manage their transaction monitoring risks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting and working with colleagues in the effective development, implementation and optimisation of risk & governance solutions and capabilities globally
• Coordinating of TM Risk Assessments to ensure that the Business maintain an assessment of risks associated with the products they offer
• Mitigating controls (both automated TM and non-automated controls) are risk-based
• Embedding, enabling, and maintaining sustainable frameworks across GSTM to ensure ongoing compliance including documentation oversight, risk assessment, MI analytics etc
• Helping the review and provision of insights against global TM MI
• Managing closely with Global Surveillance leads and key Business, Operational, Technology and Financial Crime stakeholders to understand key priorities for the bank
• Identifying opportunities to enhance existing data/infrastructure/capabilities/processes, to maximise effectiveness and efficiency
• Facilitating the governance and documentation linked to the roll-out of key transaction monitoring solutions
What we’re looking for:
• Manage priorities and demands to achieve stretch goals and deliver results
• Exceptional organizational skills - to execute against plans/deadlines
• Ability to solve problems rationally and/or creatively, demonstrating professional judgment, quality control and adherence to high standards
• Exposure to common Transaction Monitoring systems (Actimize SAM, Quantexa, Oracle Mantas)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Appreciation of the key concepts associated with risk management including inherent risk, controls, and residual risk
• Significant Knowledge of effective risk and governance frameworks
• Understanding in Financial Institution data (e.g., Customer/Account, Transactional, Payment), systems and flows
• Knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.