Jun. 14, 2021
COO & Functions
In Barclays Technology, we build solutions that make life simple for our customers. Solutions that are global, agile and smart. As a part of our team, you'll recode and reimagine, learn and adapt. Rewire what the world needs, and look ahead. This is where you can be at your best. Where you can redefine the future of finance.
Data Platform Support
As a Barclays Data Platform Support you will showcase your deep understanding of data technology as you will be primarily responsible for application management for data management technology applications. You’ll manage the day-to-day operations of the applications and deliverables to stakeholders present globally, Key compliance business users in US and ensure delivery to external US regulators FINRA – While driving RTB on-boarding for application migration to AWS.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Doing the end to end Application management for mission critical applications part of Data Management Technology
• Engaging with development teams, vendor teams, upstream and downstream systems to ensure smooth on-boarding, releases, migrations, platform stability and delivery of reports on time.
• Being responsible to engage closely with AWS enablement team in UK and work with all members globally across RFT and functions for application migration to AWS from a PTO perspective.
• Having regular engagement with critical business stakeholders across UK and US
• Supporting the global RTB team and vendor (IBM) teams. Ensure transition with IBM is successful and measure maturity of service delivery on monthly basis.
• Ensuring critical KPI, SLA and deliverables are met for all the applications on a daily basis. Drive discussion with BTB and business to close production issues caused by change or process.
• Driving automation and process improvement to ensure operational efficiency and cost optimization.
• Ensuring all external and internal audit requests are handled and gaps are remediated with the help of BTB if any
What we’re looking for:
• Degree in information systems or computer science or any equivalent.
• Experience in application management, infrastructure management.
• Deep understanding on Data and its management.
• Exceptional level of communication and leadership skills to lead triages for production incidents
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good understanding of batch process and feed management in financial services industry.
• Preferred to have certified in any of these technologies like AWS, Data Science.
• Familiar with big data platforms like Hadoop, micro services architecture, cloud technologies.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested & want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need.
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes.
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business.
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank.
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.