- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 24, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90361575
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
eTrading Onboarding Analyst
As a Barclays eTrading Onboarding Analyst, you will be performing the required processes in order to onboard clients and accounts to trade electronically with Barclays for both Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange. You will ensure all clients are fully compliant with the necessary KYC, regulatory, technical requirements prior to handing off to other support teams. As a result of changes within the industry, electronic trading has become a key focus for the organization and the future of trading.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing requests received via the workflow management tool and off-system for which requests cannot be processed within the workflow management tool
• Performing data enrichment and validation of requests in order to progress to next milestone, including ensuring the clients external set up is linked to our internal set up
• Qualifying new clients, users and funds who have requested access to the various Fixed Income and FX eTrading platforms to ensure they have met requirements in order to trade
• Performing maintenance requests to keep active client accurate, including remapping Sales coverage and maintaining mappings between internal SDS ID’s and electronic platforms
• Co-ordinating across a number of different internal teams to ensure the timely set up of client’s accounts for eTrading
• Providing a liaison point between a multitude of parties for operational related eTrading queries, and reviewing control reports, investigating and resolving breaks
• Performing quality checking on a sample of requests processed
• Streamlining and improving processes where possible
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Up to three years of work experience
• Broad knowledge of the IB structure, functions and their purpose/scope (Operations/Legal/Front Office/Risk and Regulatory Programme)
• Understanding of industry regulations including but not limited to MIFD, EMIR, Dodd Frank, UCSM etc
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Attention to detail, energetic, with a “Can Do” Attitude that is self-motivated and highly driven
• Ability to multi-task and manage heavy volumes of work and prioritize accordingly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to work as part of a team
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel)
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.