Date live: 01/14/2021
Reference Code: 90275764
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
As a Barclays Junior Developer, you will join the Rates Options Technology team to build out the strategic risk generation platform developed and used here at Barclays, Beowulf. You will join this agile team primarily as a full stack developer, interfacing with various groups across Front Office, Quantitative Analytics and Technology to analyze and understand complex business requirements, and designing and delivering various projects from inception to production.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Designing and implementing solutions for specific projects, as well as contributing to the overall system design and architecture
• Working quickly to solve production problems with sound analytical thinking
• Introducing and adopting best practices in software development, and collaborating with the team to ensure consistent adoption of best practices
• Designing solutions using a test-driven approach, and driving quality within the team, providing constructive feedback to your colleagues
• Identifying improvements to the production stack and ensure they are well represented in prioritisation forums
• Ensuring the successful timely delivery of core services to a high level of quality
• Ensuring adherence to bank technical standards and full software development lifecycle including: requirements definition, agile planning, releasing, and production support
What we’re looking for:
• 4-year college degree, with high mathematical and/or computing content, for e.g. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
• Good computer skills in an advanced programming language
• Fixed income or any other asset class
• Keen interest and understanding of financial markets and instruments
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrable experience with C#/.NET, SQL, scripting language, a source control system
• Previous experience as a developer, technical business analyst, middle office analyst or trading support analyst
• Knowledgeable in working with interest rate derivatives, option pricing and risk and quantitative analytics libraries
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet